Thursday, 2024/May/16, 0:57 AM         Log In | Guest | MainMy profile Registration | Live Chat | Log Out

({STAR}) Clan of America's Army

[New messages ·  Log In   · Live Chat · Members  · Search  ·  Log Out ]

• Page 1 of 1
Forum » Public » Random Section » Serenity's game rig (i bought this...)
Serenity's game rig
Catalystic_SerenityDate: Monday, 2009/July/06, 10:53 AM | Message # 1
Tier 1 Poster
Group: Recruits/Guests
Gateway FX6800-01e THat is my gaming computer as of a month ago. i bought it cuz i have no idea how to build a computer.

Speed: i ran FOUR games, AA2, AA3, Day of Defeat: Source, and Arma II demo (which specifies that you have a quad core), AA mission editor, Vent, TS, and xFire. I checked the Processor speed and RAM speed and i was using only HALF of the CPU power and 2.78 GIGS of my 3 GIGS of RAM. all with no lag.

granted Vista 64 bit is a piece of SHIT!! it does well running games despite the occasional error. if you have $1000 to spend i suggest this.

hmm... what should i put here.

Wolverine-76Date: Monday, 2009/July/06, 4:08 PM | Message # 2
Tier 1 Poster
Thats pretty nice Ser...although I could've built you the same for around 500...minus the I7 but I could over clock a Q6600 to be the same smile

They say the only time a man can truly be brave is when he is scared....if you are on the other end of my R....you should be very, very brave!
For those who would have peace....you must prepare for war!!

Catalystic_SerenityDate: Monday, 2009/July/06, 5:08 PM | Message # 3
Tier 1 Poster
well it still wouldn't be as fast as the i7 would it? its a hyper threaded processor which acts like an 8 core. but yah the Q6600's are nice

Wolverine-76Date: Monday, 2009/July/06, 5:35 PM | Message # 4
Tier 1 Poster
No games really take advantage of the quad processor chip right now. only a few take advantage of the duo chip. I like the I7's but they are tough to overclock due to heat issues....which present a problem unless you are water and pot cooled.....which is nice smile

They say the only time a man can truly be brave is when he is scared....if you are on the other end of my R....you should be very, very brave!
For those who would have peace....you must prepare for war!!

spkenny2Date: Monday, 2009/July/06, 6:56 PM | Message # 5
Tier 5 Poster
Group: Dev
Nice ..could you not have downgraded it to XP ?? or .. not an option ??? You can always change it later .. AFTER the warranty expires .. LOL

Catalystic_SerenityDate: Monday, 2009/July/06, 9:51 PM | Message # 6
Tier 1 Poster
i didn't even ask and i don't want to down grade b/c i can upgrade to windows 7 for 50 bucks when it comes out b/c its a new computer.

yah the i7's heat up like none other, although my comp stays remotely cool w/ two fans in it, one exhaust in the back and one directly over the processor, which is nice.

Forum » Public » Random Section » Serenity's game rig (i bought this...)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Hosted by uCoz
tumblr stats