Monday, 2024/April/29, 9:45 AM         Log In | Guest | MainMy profile Registration | Live Chat | Log Out

({STAR}) Clan of America's Army

[New messages ·  Log In   · Live Chat · Members  · Search  ·  Log Out ]

• Page 1 of 1
Forum » Public » Random Section » blah blah
blah blah
BadmoveDate: Monday, 2012/January/09, 7:30 PM | Message # 1
Pacific Beach, SD.
Group: Dev
i gave a speech against gun control today, and I killed it.

︻デ═一

^100%.133t.m45t4

My YouTube Channel - iB4dMov3

old

TomKatDate: Monday, 2012/January/09, 9:14 PM | Message # 2
Stop posting, really
Group: Administrator
Quote (Badmove)
against

GREAT we need more to understand there 2nd amendment rights!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki....itution

BadmoveDate: Wednesday, 2012/January/11, 1:31 AM | Message # 3
Pacific Beach, SD.
if you would like, i could post my speech for yah to read?

︻デ═一

^100%.133t.m45t4

old

TomKatDate: Wednesday, 2012/January/11, 6:22 AM | Message # 4
Stop posting, really
Group: Administrator
please I would like to see it.

BadmoveDate: Saturday, 2012/January/14, 0:40 AM | Message # 5
Pacific Beach, SD.
The Second Amendment: A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As one thinks about the history of the second amendment, we must keep in mind that the founding fathers of the American republic, men like Thomas Paine, Samuel Adams, Patrick Henry and George Washington were educated in the classical European tradition.
These men were all born in a country where the population was required to place themselves under the protection of the laws of the state. These same founding fathers were trained from an early age to know history and have an understanding of subjects like: The Age of Enlightenment, the Reformation and The classical civilizations of Rome and Greece.
As they studied history, they recognized the truth as I have of man’s inalienable right to keep and bear arms to protect themselves, others, and their property.
August, 2011. Young unemployed British citizens caused chaos in urban areas due to the economic crisis. Rioters were breaking into stores and stealing everything that wasn’t tied down. British police officers armed only with riot shields, tasers and tear gas tried unsuccessfully to subdue the angered citizens. Back in 1991, lawmakers enacted stricter gun laws prohibiting the sale and possession of firearms for everyone, including law enforcement! Lawmakers in Britain believed that if the country’s citizens and law officials didn’t have immediate access to guns, the country will somehow be safer. The country is putting these police officer’s lives in danger for not allowing them to carry firearms on duty.
Non-lethal forms of persuasion mean little to criminals. You and I are equally vulnerable without the legal means of protecting our life and family with lethal force when a predator or would-be thief invades our home and threatens us.
Do Countries with fewer guns and stricter gun laws have less crime?
Back in November of 2000, pop icon Madonna had an interview with The Sun, a news outlet in England, she said, “I feel very comfortable in England, I feel safer.” I regularly go out for walks alone, something I would never do in Los Angeles.”
Nine days later, Madonna was no longer feeling so safe when she, her fiancé and two children were victim of a “Hot Burglary.” This is a burglary break-in that takes place while the owners are still home. Were the robbers more certain from her statements that she would not have guns in the house? This type of robbery is a common occurrence in countries with strict gun control and is a prime example of why gun control can actually increase crime. Like most Americans, Madonna had been mislead by press reports into thinking that crime is lower in England. Precisely the opposite is true! A 1998 study by the US department of Justice found that the rate of muggings in England had surpassed that of the United States by 40%! Assault and burglary rates were found to be almost 100% higher in England than in the United States. Experts have been in search of an explanation. But for those who study the issue, the conclusion seems clear that Britain’s draconian gun laws, which make it all but impossible for law-abiding citizens to defend themselves, may have a great deal to do with the crime problem.
At the other end of the debate are countries that maintain freedom for their citizens to buy and own guns. In Switzerland, every homeowner is required by law to own and be proficient with their firearms. Citizens must participate in 118 days of basic training at age twenty with a mandatory requirement for young men to participate in the militia for the country. Switzerland remains the most heavily armed nation on earth. You may ask; how is the crime rate in Switzerland? They have the lowest murder rate in any developed country.
In 1997, only 1.2 homicides were committed per 100,000 people and only 546 armed robberies. Far lower compared to England, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
Of the crimes committed, almost half were committed by non-resident foreigners whom the locals call, “criminal tourists.” Research shows the Swiss are happier as a population, family units are more stable with lower levels of out of wedlock births, the lowest in Europe. Also, Switzerland and Sweden were the only two European countries to NOT be invaded by the Third Reich in WWII. It was also documented that Hitler wanted to invade but was concerned about how proficient the Swiss population was for handling firearms.
How can politicians and lawmakers see the devastating effects of overreaching gun control and still continue on this failed course of further regulating gun ownership?
As for the United States, The Second amendment of our constitution is the only thing standing between law abiding gun owners and tyrannical politicians abolishing the right of US citizens to own and keep firearms to protect themselves, their families, and possessions. I encourage all of you to become better informed about the stand of your political favorites as some of you are going to be able to vote in the upcoming election in November as I will. I end with a quote from the old western movie Shane: “A gun is a tool [- like a shovel or a rake.] It’s just as good or as bad as the man using it.”

︻デ═一

^100%.133t.m45t4

old

Forum » Public » Random Section » blah blah
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Hosted by uCoz
tumblr stats