Tuesday, 2024/May/14, 10:37 PM         Log In | Guest | MainMy profile Registration | Live Chat | Log Out

({STAR}) Clan of America's Army

[New messages ·  Log In   · Live Chat · Members  · Search  ·  Log Out ]

• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Badmove  
Forum » Public » General Section » 2.8.3 and 2.8.4 On the same Computer (*******GUIDE********)
2.8.3 and 2.8.4 On the same Computer
Catalystic_SerenityDate: Friday, 2009/March/27, 8:31 PM | Message # 1
Tier 1 Poster
Group: Recruits/Guests
Yeah i'll help

Ok i would just get 2.8.4 and 2.8.3 b/c 2.8.3.01 is like dead.

first you go to my computer, click the C: drive and find Program Files

next: find the file called America's Army, right click it and select COPY, then paste it on your desktop RENAME IT to america's army 2.8.3 or something like that.

now you will have to copies of 2.8.3 one in the C drive and one on your desktop.

next:go to aaotracker and down load this patch. it will automatically update the version the C: drive to 2.8.3.01. run americas army and see if the version is correct. Then go here aaotracker # 2 to download the patch from 2.8.3.01 to 2.8.4 this will update the version in the C: drive to 2.8.4.

once all the installation process has been completed, you should have version 2.8.4 in the C drive and 2.8.3 on your desktop check to make sure just in case. If not come talk to ({STAR})Serenity-S^ or ({STAR})SPKenny-R^ and we'll help you.

how to access: the little America's army icon on your desktop will automatically launch the version in the C: drive. so if you followed my instructions this will launch version 2.8.4.

Now, to acess version 2.8.3. Open the America's army 2.8.3 folder on your desktop and find the folder inside called system, open this and find an icon that says armyops.exe (it will be down the window a little bit) and double click, this will launch version 2.8.3.

AAOTracker is DEAD .. refer to my post for links to the patch files

hmm... what should i put here.

Message edited by spkenny2 - Friday, 2009/August/14, 9:21 PM

spkenny2Date: Sunday, 2009/March/29, 1:33 PM | Message # 2
Tier 5 Poster
Group: Dev
Ummm you might say that I could help

If you can't follow Sernenity's instructions try mine.

But please read the whole thing first maybe even twice... before proceeding ....LOL.. Still unsure then ask BEFORE proceeding . tongue Some ppl have gotten lost on 2.8.4 and not been able to find their way back alone. Not mentioning any names Shadow, Badmove ... lol crazy haha lol

You can run multiple versions of America's Army on your PC. This will give you access to more servers and allow you to be able to play with friends on other versions.

First thing .. you are going to need to find other versions and or patches.

Check our Downloads Section or ask one of our admins where you can find the files that you are looking for

If you are installing a full version

1st rename your America's Army file

C:\Program Files\America's Army

Find the ArmyOps.exe file located in this "System" file of the folder that you just renamed
Right click on it select send to, Desktop(create shortcut)
Rename this shortcut to correspond to the version.

Personally I renamed mine to correspond with that paticular version

ie. C:\Program Files \America's Army 2.8.3.01

Then have at it (remember that the default directory is C:\Program Files\America's Army if you do not rename this, the file contents will be overwritten)

If you are upgrading from a patch

First copy the America's Army file (if you intend to keep this version.. ie if you are patching 2.8.3 to 2.8.4 and do not want to keep 2.8.3.01 you can skip a step)

C:/Program Files/America's Army

Paste it elsewhere, rename the copied file, then cut and paste it back into
C:\Program Files

Find the ArmyOps file within the "System" folder of this newly created file.

ie. C:\Program Files\America's Army 2.8.3.01\System\ArmyOps.exe

Now right click on it and select send to, desktop(create shortcut)

Now rename this shortcut to a name that corresponds with the version that it points to.

Repeat steps for other versions.(patching from 2.8.3 to 2.8.3.01 to 2.8.4 do them in order obviously)

Revision to include V2.8.5 patch from the zip file

• Install Winrar if you do not have a zip program already (wrar370.exe) (Google it I'm busy. Try here first http://www.win-rar.com/download.html )
• Make a copy of your existing America's Army 2.8.4 files in a different directory (unless you have no intention of keeping version 2.8.4)(Typically C:\Program Files\America's Army)
• Rename the new folder to America's Army 2.8.5 (then keep this file where it is or move it back to the original directory .. your choice)
• right click on this file aa_patch_284_to285.zip .. select extract files
• then select the folder to extract to .. (the new folder that you created and renamed)
• it will then prompt you to overwrite the existing files choose ..yes to all
• find the armyops.exe file located in the System file of the America's Army 2.8.5 folder you created .. right click on it and select “send to” “desktop(create shortcut)”
• Rename this shortcut to “2.8.5” or something similar
• Enjoy version 2.8.5 while keeping you existing version of 2.8.4 in tact 

Note: If you are running x-fire it will ony run in the version that occupies the file C:\Program Files\America's Army

If you want it to work with other versions you will have to manually change the settings each time you swtch to a different version.

spkenny2Date: Friday, 2009/August/14, 9:36 PM | Message # 3
Tier 5 Poster
Group: Dev
Edited / updated instructions

Forum » Public » General Section » 2.8.3 and 2.8.4 On the same Computer (*******GUIDE********)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Hosted by uCoz
tumblr stats